The 2016 – 2017 Executive Board
||Registration Chairperson (1) ||Publicity Chairperson (1)||To be determined||Membership/Volunteer Coordinator (1) ||To be determined||Website/Facebook Chairperson (1) ||Apparel Chairperson (1-2)||To be determined||Beach Bash Chairperson (1) ||To be determined||Yearbook and Team Photos (3) ||Dual Meet Chairperson (1) ||Snack Bar Chairpersons (2-3) ||Senior Recognition (1) ||To be determined||Banquet Chairpersons (2) ||To be determined||To be determined|
Booster Club Meeting Minutes
A Message from our Outgoing President – Thank you, John, for your volunteer service to this organization!
Dear EHS Wrestling Booster Club Members,
As some of you may know, when I was first asked to take on the role of President of the EHS Wrestling Boosters Club, I agreed on the condition that my term be limited to a single year. We’ve accomplished much during that year:
- Brought the club into compliance with State, Federal, and CIF rules and regulations.
- Constructed an excellent up-to-date website and photo galleries.
- Ordered modern timing clocks to be used for our tournaments and loaned out to other schools to offset costs.
- Established lines of communication including auto-calendar notifications.
- Designed and rendered a new logo for EHS Wrestling Boosters.
- Created a wrestling clothing line and established an online ordering system for all EHS wrestling apparel.
- Formed fundraising relationships with everything from Amazon to Subway discount cards.
- Hosted two league finals in addition to a very successful Beach Bash.
- Held a top-notch banquet thanks to LeisureCare at very low cost to you, the members.
- On March 25, 2017, I submitted an application (including a two-page essay) on why EHS Wrestling Boosters should be awarded a Huntington Beach fireworks stand. On April 12, 2017, it was announced EHS Wrestling received one of the coveted spots. Working with TNT Fireworks, we were able to obtain one of the top money making stands in the city (Magnolia and Atlanta), which will be shared equally with the Academy of Sustainability (ASE). The club’s next step is to find volunteers to work the various shifts. Please see the Sign-Up Genius link at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0A45A9AB22AAFA7-tntfireworks to sign up for a shift.
While it has been a tremendous honor serving you as President, it’s time for me to turn over the responsibilities of President to someone who can dedicate the time necessary to keep the club running at a high level. The club is on good footing both financially and organizationally, but with your help, it can do so much more. I encourage you to offer your time and services to the 2017-2018 Executive Board as it explores these options.
Thank you again for your support. It has been a fun-filled year and I hope to see you at a tournament soon.
EHS Wrestling President